Mike Barish Rotating Header Image

What Do You Want To See From My Road Trip?

cruze-arati cruzearati chevy cruze chevrolet Mike Barish road trip

I just returned from a road trip that took me from New York City down to Charleston, SC. Rather than hightail it down to the Lowcountry for the 28th Annual Oyster Festival, I decided to meander down with stops along the way to take in the sights. In a couple of weeks, you’ll be able to see my adventures down south in new Cruze-arati episodes. However, I also stopped at some hysterically bizarre roadside attractions that I just couldn’t resist and I’d love to share those experiences with you. I just need you to tell me what you want to see.

The map above shows you where I stopped to see some wacky, silly and unexpected pieces of Americana during my trip. I saw a 6,000 square foot miniature village, giant Amish statues, a Styrofoam replica of Stonehenge, the world’s smallest police station and South of the Border, which is home to Pedroland and the Reptile Lagoon where I fed some alligators. Each one of these roadside attractions kinda/sorta blew my mind. Each had a story to tell (and often left me with more questions than answers).

I want to share these stories (and questions) with you. Please let me know which of these attractions have piqued your interest the most and I’ll be sure to cover it in depth. Simply vote in the poll below and/or leave me a comment.

Which of these roadside attractions would you like me to write about?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

7 Comments

1. Sarah says:

I like how it looks like you’re springing out of Lake Erie (or whichever lake that is). You’re like a modern day Neptune.

1. mike barish says:

I’m a seabeast. Please refer to me as such.

2. DAW says:

I’m kind of hoping the world’s smallest police station contains the world’s smallest police officers. And criminals….. Hmm, maybe I should have voted for the miniature village….

1. mike barish says:

It’s not the size of the criminal, it’s how he uses his shank.

3. Sherry says:

Does the world’s largest miniature village include firefighters?

I learned about Coney Island’s Dreamland last night. It had a “Lilliputian Village” little-people citizens, and everything was made for their scale including a fire station. Too bad they were unable to put out the fire that destroyed the park.

4. Tommy Bravo says:

I need to see some more of the South Of The Boarder.

5. Dan Shane says:

Are those dinosaurs the same as the one’s featured in the timeless classic “Pee Wee Herman’s Big Adventure”? B/c if they are….. We need more giant dinosaurs!!!!!